To ensure effective integration of our work across the broad sectors and science, a new programme was developed bringing together Programming, Performance, and Systems (PPS).
The programme provides crosscutting services for the three technical programmes under the Division as well as direct support to Pacific Island Countries and Territories (PICTs) to support effective integration of technical and scientific work into decision making. This also supports increased internal governance for the Division and members delivered through an approach to excellence and operational support to align to broader requirements of the Pacific Community (SPC).
- Financial Operations Management
Providing efficient and quality advice and support for GEM business operations and process during implementation and post implementation through financial, procurement, operational support tools and services
- GeoInformatics, GIS/Remote Sensing and Geospatial Data Management
Providing integrated demand-driven services across the SPC work programmes, projects and countries to ensure essential and relevant GIS & Remote Sensing services, spatial data management are effective for the necessary support to underpin the delivery of the technical work programmes
- Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in Economics
Facilitating critical thinking, planning, monitoring evaluation and learning processes and design systems and tools which translate program goals into successfully implemented and sustainable results
- Communications and Information Management
Providing a cohesive communication framework and information management system that support GEMs communications, information sharing, knowledge and learnings.
The Programming Performance and Systems is organised to achieve the below objectives supported by specific results and indicators:
- Strengthen GIS&RS and Geospatial networks in the Pacific;
- Quality programme and project development is supported and maintained;
- Provide quality technical assessment, analysis and reports;
- Ensure GEM financial controls are compliant;
- Design, develop and manage effective GEM Data-driven Systems, Tools and Repositories
- Improve information and knowledge management, communications and publications; and
- Training and capacity support for GEM and PICTs.