- Exchange information and experience concerning energy regulation
- Support the development of energy regulatory regimes in Alliance member countries
- On request, act as mentors to energy regulatory regimes in Alliance member countries
- Facilitate and promote best regulatory governance and effective regulatory method and methodologies in OPERA member countries'
- Collate information from member countries' regulators and prepare regional reports, including statistical information on generation mix, cost of service parameters, etc
- Facilitate the development of locally-based training and capacity-building opportunities for energy regulators
- Discuss developments in the energy sector in each member country and what relevant policies need to be drafted and/or implemented to drive further developments in the energy sector
- Focus on regional policy formulation on standards
- Organize seminars, workshops, or conferences on utility regulation
- Promote affiliation with and membership among other regional and international regulatory organizations
Col. (Ret'd) Siamelie Latu - Chairperson OPERA
CEO Tonga Energy Commission (TEC)
Email : s.ramadicbdgmail.com
KINGDOM OF TONGA
Phone : (676) 7717539
Pacific Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute
Pacific Energy Regulators Clearinghouse
OPERA members have access to this curated database of foundational regulatory documents from the region.
The clearinghouse, that is under development, includes information about the regulators' organization and operation (organizational charts, charters, rules for business and procedures key contact information); a complete set of regulation and tariffs guidelines and methodologies; data and information on tariffs, service quality, and market entry ( licensing); templates of financial cost recovery models for utilities' regulation; and petition guidelines and templates of utilities' petitions.
If you are affiliated with an OPERA member organization, you may get access by completing this Form and your request will be processed.